Friday, June 4, 2010

End of Year Teacher gift...


This year, I actually let my kids have a say in what they gave their teachers. They all decided that a heartfelt letter from each of them, written BY THEM, not me, was a good idea. I agreed.

I showed them some ideas I saw during Teacher Appreciation Week HERE and they all loved the Rootbeer idea.

So Rootbeer was a go.

Then they all talked about what kind of candy their teachers liked and they asked if they could throw in a treat with the Rootbeer.

So we bought candlesticks at the Dollar Tree and cute plastic (kinda... that really thick hard plastic...whatever...) bowls from Hobby Lobby. The bowls were $2.99 but 50% off (Hooray for the Hob-Lob!). So we ended up with our $.86 root beer, our candy dish that was $2.50 and some treats in it. Plus? The really cute heartfelt notes (they really were cute, I should leave them alone to write all the notes, so cute).

I sanded the edge of the bottom of the candlestick and a little on the plate where the candlestick would be glued on, used E-6000 glue and that was it. Easy enough that the kids could do it.


0 comments: