Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Copycat Earrings

I saw some really cute earrings made from scrapbooking brads and knew I needed them. Since I am a copycat, I got right on it.

Peasy weasy....

Buy this:

I also got these sets:




Sunny and I have enjoyed giving away some pairs.

I used Ryan's cutter-thingers to cut the brad part off the back. The little bit I couldn't cut I just opened up. Glued and earring to it with E-6000 and that is it. I made about 20 pairs of earrings during one episode of Parenthood. So easy.

Plus Hobby Lobby often has them on sale for 50% off (normally $3.99), so 6 pairs of earrings cost me about $2.50.

Voila!

EDITED TO ADD: I finally found the site I saw these at! I need to start bookmarking or something, takes me forever to refind ideas... Anyway, check them out HERE

3 comments:

Midwestern Gone Idahoan said...

love them!!

Tro0223y_Millan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

I actually used this idea for mutual last Wednesday night. I was told last minute I needed to think of something for the Miamaids, so I did this along with button bracelets and button rings. Anywho, the girls loved the earrings, I used the metal brads too. Thanks blogging this!!