Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cake Platter

I saw this platter made by Gina over at Shabby Chic Cottage and had a need for a cute platter, so I got right on.... Forgive the pics, I forgot to take them as I went. Also, I apologize that I didn't have time to dig up the exact post of Gina's, just search yourself, she has great stuff.

So I got the candlestick thing-a-ma-jig at D.I. for 1.25, I forgot an actual before pic... but here it is as I was painting:
I had a very cute plate I found at TaiPan (I can't remember but I think it was 2 or 3 bucks). I used E3000 and glued the plate to the candlestick.

Done and Done.

It is really nothing terribly fancy, but I needed one and this one I love.

Forgive me that I didn't do anything cute with it for the picture. My focus is totally taken by "Kitchen Makeover 2010" and my broken husband. So you get what ya get!!!

I am SO EXCITED to show you my backsplash. Ya know how sometimes you are so set on the idea in your mind and you worry it won't turn out just like you hope??? Well, it turned out just as I had hoped. Soon!!!

0 comments: