Sunday, January 24, 2010

Don't be jealous...

I saw this at D.I. and knew I needed it:

I showed it to Ryan, super excited, and he said "Did you pay for it?"

Oh, Yeah. I paid for it. $4.00.

I know. I know your jealous.

I had some "Vintage Yellow" Glidden paint. My free glidden paint sample.
I also had some batting and some great houndstooth fabric already on hand...just barely enough...

So the total cost of the project was, well, the $4.00 I paid for the bench.

I painted, sanded, stained and stapled.

And I love it.


11 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

So cute. What a buy!!! $4 well spent. It turned out so cute. Love & blessings from NC!

Dustin and Melanie said...

Ohhh, I love it too!! The aging/staining is great, I need to perfect that skill, thanks for sharing!

StraightAs said...

That is so cool! Linsey, you seriously rock!

Alissa said...

HOLY MOLY. Lurve!

Brielle said...

Love it!!!

msbookite said...

well done lady! at first i thought you were going to decorate around the stool especially when you mentioned the yellow paint, lol! this is much better than i imagined! :0) so...do you paint first then sand and then stain the sanded parts darker? or do you sand down TO the first layer of paint/stain that is dark? i want to do this to a table i have. i want it to be dark tho w/ white peaking thru...will you pm me w/ an idea?

Erin said...

I love it!! Now I want to take a trip to Goodwill.

The Parks Family said...

Q. To Ms. Pro Painter

I have a cheap-o bookshelf...you know veneer over particle board...and i want to paint it red and make it look distressed like your stool. What's the best process so that it looks nice and the paint looks smooth and doesn't chip off???? Details please.

Lei said...

SWEET find!!!

New Every Morning said...

LOVE it!!!

Taylor said...

What is DI?