Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leave a message...

My kids love these plates. Their favorite thing to do with them is write how many days until their birthday. Sometimes the number on it is over 100. :)


It is easy. Not kidding. I buy my plates at Hobby Lobby. I think they are between $2.00 and $4.00. I string ribbon through. Then I write on it, with Dry Erase markers. That's it.


They make great gifts. This particular one was a Thank You gift, in case you couldn't tell...

I have only found about 3 plates that the Dry Erase Markers don't work on, one from Cost Plus and 2 from Target. Just test the marker on the back of the plate. If you really love it but you can't erase the marker, paint it with a spray paint, clear lacquer. You should be fine writing on it.

Happy Writing!!




4 comments:

Brielle said...

super cute. Have you ever made a special plate for your kids to eat on when it is their birthday? I would like to see one if you've made them.

gina_farley said...

Awesome idea, Lins! You've just given me my bright idea for Christmas gifts! Thanks!

Malisa said...

I tried to find these plates at Hobby Lobby today, but had no luck!

Sheri said...

Just found and started following you! Love the plate idea!