Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Windows!

I know, you have been on the edge of your seat, right?!


I stumbled across what quickly became one of my favorite Blogs... The Shabby Chic Cottage. Gina can seriously transform anything you think is junk into something you wish you could buy. For real.

I have a stack of old windows. I am addicted to them, really. If I see one I cannot pass it up, but I have been needing something fabulous to do with them.

I would give you the play by play tutorial, but it is easier to link you to Gina's tutorial. Go see how to do it HERE. It was really easy. The hardest part was just as she said... the 24 hour waiting period.

Please ignore how smashing I am looking tonight... Why am I in the picture?!

Anyway, I love it!!


7 comments:

Dawnyel said...

CUTE!! (And I'm not just talking about the project!!) ;)

Christy said...

You are always a babe, no matter what!!

I LOVE this idea!!

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

You are sooo sweet! Thanks for all of the kind words.

Your window turned out GREAT! Now you gotta try the sign I did, cause I know you can do it!

Erin said...

That is so cute. I love old windows also. I have made some chalkboards, but I didn't know you could spray it over glass. Now I have some more projects to do.

CoveredInCrafts said...

I just found your blog and I read hte whole thing all at once! I LOVE your blog!! I'm saving it now. Thank you for sharing.

Renee said...

You are sooo sweet! Thanks for all of the kind words. That is so cute. I love old windows also..That is so cute. I love old windows also..Thank you for sharing...
--
Reenee
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

Maddie (the Dancer...duh!) said...

There is a girl in my ward and she has the cutest thing for old windows!! She has an old window hung up in her house on the wall. It has a picture of her two daughters on the outsides and a picture of her and her husband on the inside! So if you find any more fabulous old windows that you can't live without, use it as a picture frame!!!