Thursday, June 11, 2009

Well, it only took 2 years.

I tend to procrastinate. Just a little.
2 years ago, I bought an armoire from my sister.
She was going to sell it on Craigslist, I needed an armoire.
So I bought it with intentions of painting it and doing all kinds of cute stuff with it.
Then we moved. Like, 3 times or something.
Then I tackled the kitchen cabinet redo. It was a big job.
So I swore off painting anything.
...that only lasted about 2 weeks.
But I swore off painting anything big with a brush.
So I bought a paint sprayer. Which I am totally in love with.

This is the armoire before. It is big. And as a side note, aren't my nieces and nephews the cutest?


I loved the shape, but it was not really my style. I ditched the side pieces (well, I put them in the garage, where they are waiting to be ditched. still.) because I had NO room anywhere for such a big piece.

So I painted it. With the sprayer I purchased for the project, I painted the whole thing in about 40 minutes.
Done.

Then it sat.
For TWO YEARS.
Which actually turned out to be a good thing. I had all kinds of plans for it. And then they kept changing. Color schemes changed a few times, too. Then we bought our new house. It was supposed to be a home for the television in the family room in the basement. But the beast would NOT fit down the stairs and around the corner.
Pooh!
I wasn't willing to get rid of it so it made it's way to the kitchen.
Where it sat. Still unfinished. Until today.
There was a giant hole cut out in the back so that a big TV could fit in there.
Here it is midway. Painted black, sanded a little and needing beadboard. Waiting for curtains and drawers.


I made curtains for the bottom. I put new drawer pulls. And added the bead board. And here is the finished project......


Voila!

Now, all I need is some cut stuff to put in there. I think I am also going to put a shelf in there. I am going garage selling this Saturday, so it should be full of old, new to me, stuff!!!

Feels good to finally have it done.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I really love it, it looks awesome!!

Char said...

I totally had that same armoire. However, I did not see the potential in it and I sold it at a yard sale. ROFL.

Christy said...

So beautiful!! Great job, Lins!

Alissa said...

totally fabulous! can you tell me more about the paint sprayer please?

Marie said...

Will you come decorate my house?! I love your blog (I'm a friend of Emily's). I don't have the decorator/refinishing knack, but your projects seem so simple! until I actually think about doing them. but keep them coming!

Linsey said...

Alissa, I got a small one, nothing fancy. Maybe $85? It is great for my needs, which is mostly furniture. It is Wagner, I got it at home depot.

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

That is the SAME piece of furniture? OH MY! It looks gorgeous!
You're so clever!

Renee said...

So beautiful!!I really love it, it looks awesome!!thanks..
--
Reenee
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV