Monday, November 3, 2008

In the meantime.

My time has been filled with time consuming projects that are not cute. But some other things have required all or my spare time. So while you wait for a "fresh" project here are some random projects.

Some cheap decorating ideas:

In our guest room, I could barely afford a decent new mattress and box springs but wanted a cute head board. I found these great shutter doors (they were old closet doors that my sister-in-law removed and was throwing away. Throwing away! I took them. I didn't know what I was going to do with them, just that I was going to do something. So they are my new headboard. I need to paint over the nails near the top. Someday I might paint them and distress them. But for now, this is it.

Also, since I am cheap. I found the chair next to the bed in the IKEA "as-is" section. I love this section. The chair was almost $15.00. It is a ladder-back chair. Except in this room it is not a chair, it is a bedside table. I draped an extra blanket over the back of the chair. I love this chair. I wouldn't like it much as a chair, but I love it as a table. I have a bit of a chair fetish. One cannot ever have enough cool, old, mismatched chairs. 

Another Cheap decorating idea:

I bought these clocks at IKEA for $9.99. I cut the letters in Vinyl and made a fun wall.


I did work on this project this week, I know it does you absolutely no good until next Halloween but it was a project this week! 

I just bought a black sweatsuit. Pearly White paint and a tube of glow-in-the-dark paint. I used chalk to draw on the bones then painted them with the pearly white. After the white dried I outlined it with the glow-in-the-dark. 

I have some other projects lined up. I will get them posted more frequently, I promise! I will get the table up next. 


3 comments:

Char said...

Very cute. I linked your tutu tute on my Halloween how to post.

Lani and Eric said...

Love your blog...thanks for the cute ideas! We are on our way to make some crayons right now!

msbookite said...

i love the clock idea, i think i will do that in our guest room of all the places we've lived!! thx girlie!!