Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cookie Sheets

Sunny and I were trying to think of something fun to make for Christmas Gifts and she insisted on a magnet board like this one I made for the Kitchen. Sunny is ALWAYS taping notes and pictures up on her walls and doors (Grrr...) So she wanted her own magnet board. I promise after this I will do something NON-Magnetic. Since I wasn't going to make the metal ones for friends or cousins or teachers, we found a cheaper route. Sunny loved it because she almost did every bit of it by herself. 

Time to Make: about 15 minutes (Not including drying time)
Cost: Around $3.00

What you'll need:
Cookie Sheet (An old one you have on hand or one like this that I bought at the Dollar Store)
Scrapbook Paper (2 sheets)
Magnets
Magnet Fronts (You could do glass magnets like THESE or I used Scrapbooking thingy's. Embellishments? I don't know what they are called...)
Modge Podge
Paint
Glue (not pictured, but you'll need it)
Foam Brush

First paint the edges. We used Tan and then Sunny decided she wanted a darker brown. I didn't have dark brown  acrylic paint but I did have spray paint. So we spray painted the edges, which was way faster and easier. Just paint the parts that won't be covered in paper.

Here is Sunny making her magnets. We just put a drop of glue on the back of the flowers and she pressed it on. Not too much glue.

I prefer Aleene's Tacky Glue because it is strong stuff. It is my favorite when I am out of E6000. 

Make the magnets while your paint dries. Cut the paper the correct width, then round the corners of the paper a little. Spread a layer of the Mod Podge on the back of your paper. Stick them onto the cookie sheet, try matching the paper where it overlaps. I let Sunny do the Mod Podge, so it wasn't totally straight, but I am going to try to be okay with that :)

Here is Sunny with her project completed. She was SO PROUD. It was really easy. She is excited to make some more. We are making a BYU one for Ethan, a University of Utah one for Tyler and a camo one for Calvin. 

Today I think I will Glue Ribbon on the back of the cookie sheet to hang it from.

Have Fun!

8 comments:

Char said...

Super cute! Which dollar store did you find the cookie sheet at?

Linsey said...

Char, I got them at Dollar Tree, it was about a month ago but this one by me still has them.

Ambrosia said...

SO CLEVER! My girls would love to do that. Totally darling.

Angela said...

Oh girl... You are talented! So creative, so crafty, so my kinda gal! LOVE your blog- glad I found you!! Thanks for all your inspiration. I'm going to have to put my lil' one down for her nap and spend some time reading all your awesome posts!

Erin said...

This is super cute (and super cheap)! Thanks for the idea. We are making these for our families for Christmas. I found the round pizza pans at the dollar store along with regular cookie sheets--so I am doing two round ones and they look so cute. The kids are begging for their own now! Thanks again!

Deck The Halls said...

Cute project! I'm so glad I found you from my friend The Creative Homemaker!
I will add you to my inspirational blog buddies!

Julie said...

Wow! This is such a neat site. I will defiantly be using some of these ideas with my kids. Thanks!

Madz said...

That. Is. It. I want to make one. ;)