Friday, September 19, 2008

Kid-made Stuffed Friends

Ever wonder where you could get a Pokemon like this:


Or a friend to cuddle like her?

This is a fun, easy project your kids will love. At my home, these projects have been named and are now my kids favorite friends.

Supplies:

Fabric Markers, Muslin, Stuffing (cost under $10)

Begin by taping the fabric to the table and let your kids go to work.


Then, cut out the shapes leaving at least 1/4 inch for seam allowance. Like this:

Then, lay the art work face down on another piece of Muslin and cut another piece of fabric the same size. (My kids worried about this when they saw their artwork upside down- they thought I was doing it wrong). Sew the pieces together leaving an opening to turn it right side out.

Stuff and hand-stitch closed.

And the end result... happy kids, fun toys.



4 comments:

Linsey said...

We are making these next week! I have all the stuff and I can't wait!!!

Alissa said...

i just need the fabric markers and i'm all over this.

Flutterbug said...

Love your new blog, I'm linking you!!

lyn said...

We made this earlier this week - my son (almost 7 yo) LOVED it - he made Charzar (a pokemon...) Great idea!