Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Family Favorite

Cooking is a "project", right? I think so. 
This is a family favorite. My kids LOVE Omelet night.
I got this tip from my sister Katie in an email a long time ago. I have NO idea who she got it from and who that person got it from and so I do not know who to give credit to. But the idea? Brilliant.

I will just copy the photos I got in the email. And thank the nameless hands in the photo.

These are AWESOME when you are camping. And the clean up, whether in the Kitchen or the campground is easy-peasy.

Enjoy!

ZIPLOC OMELET

Start a big pot of water boiling.

You will need FREEZER Ziploc bags. The Freezer part is muy importante because of the double zipper. You will want these or the omelet will get wet. Ew.

Crack 2 eggs into the ziploc bag. Right into it. Then Squish the eggs so they mix up. 

Add your Junk. 
Here are some ideas:
Cheese, Cooked Bacon or Sausage (or both!), hash browns (cook them first), onions, tomatoes, ham, salsa, Ryan and I like zucchini in ours, whatever you want.

Add in the junk and then squish it up to mix it together. 

Put it in the Water.

Boil them for 13 MINUTES

Take it out and eat it. 

We like to do "Omelet Parties". Just use a magic marker to write each persons' name on the bag, so everyone can personalize their omelet and not get them mixed-up. You can cook about 6-8 (there are 7 in our family and it works great with all of them at once) in a large pot. 





 Ryan and I LOVE Veggie omelets. Cheese, zucchini, onions, tomatoes topped with fresh homemade salsa. 

So Good. You can thank me later. Or now.



6 comments:

The Parks Family said...

OMG I made these and they were AWESOME!!! I think this is going to be a new favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing.

Aunty Em said...

Hey girls. We made these Sunday night for dinner. The kids had a lot of fun making them. The picky ones took one bite and still didn't finish them, but at least there wasn't any complaining about dinner. They loved sitting there just looking at the dinner they made. Good one!

Bloggin It said...

That is actually a FANTASTIC idea. My kids eat eggs like 6 nights a week! :) SO, there is a recipe you have to give me. I have NO clue what it was, so I'm hoping you'll know! I just know your mom and dad would make it.. It had cherries underneath and something baked on top of it. SO YUMMY is all I can remember. Gotta have that one. :) Do you have any clue what I'm talking about?? haha The dumb things we remember from our childhoods, right?

Linsey said...

I know exactly what your talking about!!!! I will call my Mom right now!

Lee said...

These omelets are the best. Thanks Lins!

Angela said...

You are brilliant! (or whoever the nameless inventor is) What a FUN idea- and it looks delish! Thanks for sharing!!